FinkA for students is a group of motivated students from different academic backgrounds who are interested in deepening their knowledge about various methods of simulations in order to analyze intercultural situations. It’s the mixture of diverse theoretical input with the unique possibility to get to know and try different computer simulations in action that convinces the students to take part of the FinkA Group.
Participants of the FinkA for Students Group have the possibility to benefit from the work experience and knowledge of the FinkA Members. With the different computer based simulations the students get to know tools they could use in their future work life and get encouraged to go beyond the normal teaching in university class settuings and investigate for themselves.
Besides, FinkA for Students represents a perfect platform to get in contact with companies and cooperation partners to establish P5 Projects or a Master Thesis.
Interactive, dynamic and complex simulations of real or reality-based situations are gaining more significance in off-the-job-trainings and professional development. The main topics which are discussed during the FinkA meetings are:
- Aspects of Team Work (Motivation of Competences and Affiliation)
- Experienced based learning (Conception of Training, debriefing)
- Level of communication (Parts of content, process and relationship)
- Qualitative social research (Observation, Simulation as research and training instrument)
- Complex Simulation and Human Factors ( Problem characteristics, stages of problem solving, handling of situations of uncertainness in intercultural situations)
If you are interested in receiving the latest FinkA news and a preview of the next FinkA for Students meeting: